Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

Iam 25 and live in quebec. i have an appartment in a duplex

Customer Question

hi iam 25 and live in quebec. i have an appartment in a duplex and have been smoking marijuana occasionally outside on the side of my building . my neighbor got fedup and called the police and he threatened me to call the dpj and my kiids dont even know what weed is and i never show them anything. now the police come and they tell us that are neighbor is retarded because of how he overreacted and that we should make an agreement that we can smoke somewhere on are property lolll .but my neighbor still doesnt want to let me smoke and he said he will threaten me with dpj and child services and police untill i move out which im already way ahead of planning on doing haha ..please help me
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult and frankly ridiculous situation. How disgusting can one neighbour be?

What has the landlord said, if anything?

Did the police know about these threats?