Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

A client of our is suing us after we installed dug out of

Customer Question

A client of our is suing us after we installed dug out of the bush (as we have done for 37 years) spruce pine trees because the trees died from not being watered properly by the client. We warranty the trees but not when they are not properly cared for.
Is there a Canadian law pertaining to dug out of the bush trees for replacement???
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this difficult situation. I am happy to assist you with providing legal information relating to your issue.Before I answer I just want to make sure that I understand exactly what happened. You provided the trees as you were supposed to do but the trees died. The customer wants to blame you because they want trees that essentially were guaranteed and you are saying that the trees died because of the fault of the customer who faile to water them properly. Is that essentially what is going on?