Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My situation is quite a chaotic state with regard to my son.

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: My situation is quite a chaotic state with regard to my son. He is 21 years old, has been on Remand since September 18th 2014 and has been before 4 separate judges in person, appeared 46 times in court in person, 12 times on Court Tv., and has been transported from one facility to another over the course of these 22 months a total of 30 times. He is yet to be convicted and his lawyer has turned this into a financial fiasco. He is due for his trial again on September 12th, but the bulk of this story is one for a Jerry Springer show. There is no end in sight, and we are financially destroyed. I have declared bankruptcy and my daughter, who has been paying the brunt of this case is financially ruined. All my son wants is a lawyer that will represent him to the fullest fairness of the law and set him free with what ever the outcome may be.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sydney, Nova Scotia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have been trying so hard to find the help he ( we ) all need that I don't know who to trust, where to turn to, and paying for this service at this point is not possible for my daughter and I as this lawyer has us drained to the bottom of the barrel.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, he just continues to pull surprises out of the air, will not reply to my daughter's emails or phone calls, and will not even allow her to ask questions, seek information about the case, yet she is the one paying his fee. My son has been railroaded and needs help.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

I am saddened to hear of this terrible situation.

Are you asking about how to find a new lawyer for your son? If you then I have some suggestions as to how you go about finding a lawyer that you will feel you and your son can trust.