Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I'm a student who purchased my own condo in August 2015, in

Customer Question

I'm a student who purchased my own condo in August 2015, in Edmonton, AB. Today I received my third extermination notice for bed bugs,since I moved in. This extermination is for Wednesday July 27th. I'm instructed to remove everything from carpeted areas and everything away from the walls, pets have to be removed for 48 hrs and I am to be away for 24hrs. My unit is not infected not had it ever been infected however the surrounding units to the infected United had to comply with this extermination. I cannot live like this! I cannot keep a roommate because of this either. It creeps out my roommate s and they move out. Please advise me of my rights in this matter
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Who is telling you that you need to move out and do all this other procedures? Is it the property management company?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Move out no. They ask if we can stay away from the apartment for our own health
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Are they planning on spraying your unit again or are they telling you that the spray from the neighbouring units can hurt you?