Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I am in Alberta. My question/concern is African woman who is

Customer Question

I am in Alberta. My question/concern is for an African woman who is to coming here as a Visitor, brought in by a local church for "training". The concern is that they (church leaders) are forcing her to stay in a pastor's home for the duration of her stay, with whom she is not comfortable staying. She has expressed that she does not want to stay with this man and his wife, but they are telling her she needs to be obedient, have a good attitude and stay with them.
Does their forcing her into this situation violate Canadian human rights?
I am very close to her and have offered my home, in which she wants to stay, but they are not agreeable to this.
Thank you for your information and response.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

It is not up to them where she stays. This has nothing to do with Canadian human rights in the sense that that there is no way to file a complaint or have them charged.

She simply has to leave their home.

She is a visitor and is free to live where she likes while in Canada, just like anyone else is.

Do you see what I mean?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
THank you very much for your answer, that is what I thought as well.

You are very welcome.

As it appears we are done please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

I was just thinking about our conversation and have been wondering if you have thought of any further follow-up questions for me.