Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

All 5 of us siblings are executors of my late Dad's will. We

Customer Question

All 5 of us siblings are executors of my late Dad's will. We are having problems with 2 sisters wanting to hide money from probate. We are talking more than $1000,000.00. This sister has the money in her house. Three of us would like to open a chequing account at a bank and put it under all our 5 names and then none of us would have to worry about it. Now I am told by them that they have done research and are not going to do it. I have told them it is fraud and I will not be signing any affidavi from probate unless this money is put in the bank. It has also been brought up that my wife has been helping me with some research and typing letters for me and everything to do with the estate is not to be discussed with our spouses. Am I right in getting the money out her house and not defrauding the government. Also legally can I get my wife to help me with doing letters etc.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Who said nothing can be discussed with your spouses?