Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

My estranged wife had me arrested abuse last wednesday but

Customer Question

Hi, my estranged wife had me arrested for spousal abuse last wednesday but the police declined to charge me because they found her story inaccurate and not credible. She has since fled for our home and I haven't seen my 2 kids under 6 in 5 days. She did however message me yesterday to say I will be hearing from her lawyer. I am not sure if I have grounds for an interim order of custody or access
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Ontario in Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

This can be considered to be a case of parental abduction.

It is essentially that you act quickly or you won't be able to address this for some time.

She had no right to remove the children from their habitual place of residence without your permission or a court order.

I suggest you find a lawyer immediately or else self-represent and bring an application on an emergency, ex parte (without notice) basis for interim sole custody so you can bring the children home.