Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I am looking information or answers daughter, she was

Customer Question

Hi. I am looking for some information or answers for my daughter, she was terminated a week ago from her job. She said, her coworkers for three days in a raw missed on a client's not enough credit in their hotel. My daughter also overlooked it, and she was dismissed for this, not intentionally done. Nothing was done or said to the coworkers that worked 3 or 4 days prior to her shift. Whe was given a notice and a severance pay. She was shocked to hear this and is getting anxiety attacks. She is very hard worker, loved her job, and was very loyal to the company. She was told by someone, that few coworkers were trying to get rid of her for long time. Employer or coworkers are not allowing her to get back to work the restaurant which is owned by different employer, but in the same building, just because the washrooms are in the part of the building from where she was terminated. She had an interview with another restaurant owner for part time job, and the next day he called, they do not need her. What to do, if some employees or employer is giving her bad reputation in this small town? is it allowed? What is your suggestion? Thank you.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: British Columbia, Canada.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: She did not yet. She doesn't have the money/
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She had a miscarrige about the same time, I don't know whether the employer knew, or the coworkers.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

For how long did she work for the employer?

How many weeks or months did she get into termination pay?