Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My husband passed away Jan 9 2016 the will was never read

Customer Question

My husband passed away Jan 9 2016 the will was never read openly but I think every one got a copy . We have been living common Law for 20 years . The Executors are his son Darcy and Daughter Brenda . They never talk to me about any thing but do things improperly . I'm listed in the will but other wise all they did was demand all his belongings the day after funeral and never stopped until they had all of it and has been a nightmare since . I had to install security to keep them from coming in they have all his stuff including 45 guns . I was informed bye a Lawyer it will take 2 years to settle they have not organized a thing they sent a letter regarding probate and there wasn't a thing that made sense.
Alita ******
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Are there assets in his name alone?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they are
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you give me a number I'll call you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are these funds being charged American funds I'm not impressed if they are ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would really like to know what my options are according to Canadian Laws I'm intitled to half of every thing he has according to the will I'm entitled to my home and a $100000.00 and stuff I already own including stuff I paid for . The trustees have cost me money including stuff they took over this whole thing is one big mess . They have a Lawyer but I'm certain nobody is doing there job .

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

I don't know if you are being charged US funds or not but I suspect you are as the site is based on the US.

Do you want to find out before we go ahead? I really don't want to spend time working if it turns out you later want a refund because you are being charged in US funds as I really cannot afford to work for free.

So let me know if I should go ahead or wait.