Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I would like to ask someone borrowed a money to me, and we

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i would like to ask someone borrowed a money to me, and we have a black and white aggreement, now his starting to bounce his check now
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: im in alberta canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i have no idea
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.
How much money are you owed?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
40 thousand canadian dolar, jis giving me a 1000 dolar interest a month but it is starting to bounced his check
I am sorry to hear this. This is a lot of money.It sounds like this person doesn't have money and that you may need to move very quickly. For this reason I actually suggest that you retain a lawyer to send this person a demand letter. If you do not wish to do that you can of course send a letter yourself but then you should send it by registered mail.In the letter you or your lawyer should state that you require repayment of the funds at once and provide a deadline for repayment. Tell the person if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your legal costs.Because the amount of money is so high you cannot sue in small claims court but must sue in Superior Court which is why you will need a lawyer to represent you.Does that help as a starting point?