Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I am an Irish Citizen wanting to go to Canada on an IEC

Customer Question

Hello, I am an Irish Citizen wanting to go to Canada on an IEC working Holiday Visa. I have been living in the US for the past 4.5 years and my most recent Visa has expired in March. I was told there was a 6 month grace period before I had to leave the US, after the date my Visa expired. During this grace period, I have gotten a divorce from my spouse who came over to the US with me. Does my Visa automatically cancel once the divorce is filed? If so, what do I need to do to get into Canada. I was rejected at the border yesterday. The border patrol mentioned something about a waiver?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

You have questions about the law in the US and the law in Canada.

I can answer about the law in Canada only.

Should I go ahead or should I ask the site to move this to the US law list? A lawyer there can answer about the law in the US. They cannot answer about the law in Canada though.