Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I followed all the steps to properly report a work related

Customer Question

I followed all the steps to properly report a work related injury, but my employer (Federal) failed to make any reports to WCB, or any agency. When the injury developed further, I was statue barred from WCB because deadlines had passed for application. I am now at reduced work hours and my employer is asking for my sick leave. I am looking at further medical treatment and time off possibly indefinitely according to my doctor. I have years of documentation and follow up and would like to speak to someone about this situation. The employer is trying to make a decision, and trying to find a precedence setting example. I want to know what my legal rights are now that I have no coverage for this work related medical issue.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

When were you hurt?

Are you saying that you did not file a claim with WCB yourself?