Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I need to identify full legal name documents, some I did

Customer Question

Hi, I need to identify full legal name for court documents, some I did though land titles and so on. Some all I have is car plate, how do I get full legal name?
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: This is a civil case, land titles ID`d some, now I need plate id. I guess PI?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes and was to get all names involved and present a full out line of case. Just need a few plates. Can she do this?
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Nothing on plates, haven`t asked cause I thought I could get all names though land titles and from door to door. I got most names that way. Also hoping to save money by getting all ID my self.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This is a personal injury\civil case. Slander, assault and some other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This case partly involves saskatchewan.
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

What information do you already have?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

What information do you already have?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

What information do you already have?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

What information do you already have?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

What information do you have already?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

What specific information do you already have?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My apologies for the delay in responding. What I have thus far is a civil case that involves some rather serious allegations. I have vehicle licence plates of potential defendants and would like to know all avenues open to me for identifing them.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my apologies for the delay in responding. What I have thus far is a civil case that involves some rather serious allegations. I have vehicle licence plates of potential defendants and would like to know all avenues open to me for identifing them.
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Are you saying that there are some potential defendants whom you cannot identify and you only have the licence plates and nothing more?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I am indeed not saying that. Would you please explain what avenues are open to me to identify these potential defendants
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

There is a site that purports to be able to give you the name of the person who owns the car by providing the plates. I don't know if it is valid or not. Here is a link to the site:

http://www.numberplateseek.com/

Lawyers retain licenced private investigators who can find out this information for you.

There is no other way to do this as the information is privacy protected and you cannot find out who owns the plates.

I hope that helps as a starting point.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will understand from your response that only a lawyer can have a private investigator get this information. There is no other way. Is this accurate?
Thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

No you can hire your own private investigator but you just have to be sure the investigator is licenced.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you saying that if I file the statement of claim, I am not entitled to identify the plates of john doe's myself?
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

It is possible that you can seek a court order against the Ministry of Transport who would be ordered to produce the names. This could be ordered given you are saying there are serious issues here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Clearly there is other options in identifing potential defendants then. Is there other options?
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

No there is not. That is why lawyers hire investigators. The legitimate ones are excellent in this area and do not charge much at all.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Last thing, is that for every province and territory
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was attempting get you good rating to get you credited, wouldn't. I'll refresh and keep trying.
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Yes it is the same throughout Canada.

I will ask the site for some help with the rating as I believe there is a glitch for this question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. I've contacted the site to help with rating you to get credit. So hopefully soon. Thanks for you answers.
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

I did too.

Thanks