Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I live in Quebec and I purchased a used RV (2003 Winnebago

Customer Question

I live in Quebec and I purchased a used RV (2003 Winnebago 33L). We reviewed the RV about 4 weeks ago and have been traveling with it for the past 2 weeks. We have had nothing but problems with the RV - it has broken down multiple times and each time we get it fixed the mechanic states that the issue would have not occurred if the RV had been inspected properly. We had been told by the dealer that the RV was completely inspected and was road worthy. We feel that condition of the RV was not road worthy and would like to know what our recourse would be.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

How much did you pay for the RV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The RV cost 30000 - and we purchased new tires for it at a cost of 2500/. On top of that we got an extended warranty also. The overall cost after taxes is approximately 40K, On our trip we have had multiple break downs (which will only partially covered by the warranty) at a cost of 5000. While some may be related to ware and tear (we were on rough roads) many of the things we have run in to were maintenance issues that should have not occurred.Are you a lawyer in Quebec. If so what is your name and law firm so I can validate.Peter

There are no lawyers from Québec that are active on the site. I am a lawyer in Ontario.

We do not give out our personal contact information.

The site has already verified us and you can read our profiles online.

If you want to continue let me know and if not I will immediately opt out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I need someone who is familiar with Quebec laws. If you do not have this experience then you are not really helpful to me. Let me know.Peter

I will opt out.