Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a commissioned employee, my contract states I must give

Customer Question

I am a commissioned employee, my contract states I must give 3 weeks notice before leaving the job. I gave three weeks notice, had a tumor removed from my neck and was given a week off of work. While I chose to waive this and work at a slower pace it appears this was not good enough for my employer. They terminated my employment on June 30, 2016 which was approximately two weeks before my actual end date.
I feel my reputation has been damaged because I was shut out of the system before I could update the files that were going to be transferred and I also lost out on money I earned as I could no longer enter my time into the system.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

Provide you with termination pay?

Are you saying that you did work you did not get paid for?

What province are you in please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm in Alberta. I'm an independent adjuster. I was essentially dismissed before my 3 weeks notice was completed: So far I do not expect that they will pay me for my 3 weeks or the hours I was not able to log but they are essentialy uncooperative in answering my questions and want me to provide them file photos that I could have done myself had they not "canned" me.
Are you saying you are not an employee?