Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Family law issue concerning consent order, Alberta, Canada,

Customer Question

family law issue concerning consent order
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Alberta, Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes but not about this specific issue
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: not about this specific issue. My lawyer is away for two weeks. I am wondering if I can get in trouble if I do not follow a consent order for parenting. I am supposed to give my ex access to our young son everyother weekend. However he is in the middle of criminal assault charges. He also hacked into my banking information yesterday and stole almost 20,000. The police and fraud dept at the bank are dealing with this issue. But with all this going on I would like to know if I can withhold access
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Alberta in Canada\
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Hmm, no I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: yes you bet.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 months ago.

You cannot breach a court order.

You can be found in contempt of court.

And you will look terrible in court.

As well you will appear to care more about financial matters then your child because whether he hacked into you account or not that does not affect his parenting or your child's need to see and be with his father.

Do you see what I mean?