How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96411
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our neighbor contracted a company to do some landscaping

Customer Question

Our neighbor contracted a company to do some landscaping work. The company accessed our neighbor's yard by driving a bobcat through a portion of our front yard. Now there are large ruts on our neighbor's lawn and a portion of our lawn. No one asked us for permission to use our property. Is there anything we can do to get the contracting company to fix the damage?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.


You can tell the neighbour that they are clearly liable to you for the damages done by their contractors and they are required by law to put you in the position you would have been in had this not happened.

You can tell them that you will allow them to get the contractors to do the work or hire someone else. Then say that if you have to hire someone you will be looking to them for full compensation and will sue if necessary.

You can say the same thing to the contractors and if you have to sue you would sue the neighbour and the contractors.

You would sue in Small Claims Court and would self-represent and if it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Related Canada Law Questions