Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have been receiving a bill in the mail years medical and

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been receiving a bill in the mail for 9 years for my medical and dental premiums through my employer as I have been on ltd for that long, now they want me authorize them to withdraw from my bank each month. I don't want them to access to my account. what are my options.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

If their new policy is that they only accept automatic withdrawals then you do not have any options because they will not allow you to pay in any other way.

For now, I suggest that you send them a letter and set out a clear explanation as to why you do not want this to happen. Perhaps they will agree, but if not your only option would be to open a second bank account, perhaps in a different bank if you feel that would give you more security and privacy.

Does that help as a starting point?