Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have an speeding ticket in Calgary alberta which I want to

Customer Question

I have an speeding ticket in Calgary alberta which I want to contest
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Can u please provide ur number so that I can speak to u ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I was on a visit to Calgary and rented a car andealers just received a letter from rental car service that there is a ticket which they paid and wanted to reimburse from me
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have no clue when did this happen at all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi want is this 5 $ for ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
balance charges of 47$?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

I can see your questions about the cost.

Do you want to go ahead?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I please call you to talk in length about yeh case ?

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just want to know is this the fees of the lawyer ? And what is the possibility of the winning over the ticket I am planning to contest

What you paid the site is to be able to use the site and pay for this question. The money is in your account now. When you rate me the site pays me my portion and keeps their portion. You are not charged more as you've already paid.

If you got a ticket for speeding then the chances of winning depend on the facts but from what I gather here the car rental company already paid and so it is not possible to contest the ticket.

What you can try and contest is the fact that they paid rather than letting you fight the ticket.

So your fight is with them and no longer can be about the ticket.

I suggest you send them a letter by Registered Mail telling them they should have asked you before paying it as you would have said you were going to contest the ticket. Tell them you will not pay them for this reason and you are happy to have a court decide.

If they sue you it will be in Small Claims Court and you can defend them and self-represent.