Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Wow. Once I was in the process to arrange a court date

Customer Question

Wow. Once I was in the process to arrange a court date for a motion to enforce, they provided her ITR. However their response will spawn a few questions that I'll post separately.
First off, I'm at my wits end with all the delays and pseudo responses from her lawyer. Responses that only partially answer direct questions. Are they not compelled in any way to provide appropriate answers? Is there no recourse for this harrassment? Is there any suitable comeback when they persist with this tactic? I am documenting all of this ridiculousness and know I will use it when we eventually end up back in court (because they are eventually going to push to far). I just want this to stop. Is this not a case for mental abuse?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

There is really no such thing as a case for mental abuse.

But if they are not providing all the documentation or responses you require then bring a motion. One motion showing you mean what you say when you demand something may be all it takes.

She has to pay her lawyer of course and it will cost a lot for this motion.