Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a tenant that did not pay rent and all her cable last

Customer Question

Hi there I have a tenant that did not pay rent for June and all her cable last night she lost the key and text me while I am with my family we lost my brother on Saturday and don't want to deal with this.
I live in Toronto what should I do
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this and very sorry for your loss.

You said that the law involved is in Ohio. Did you mean Ontario or is the tenant living in Ohio actually?

If it is Ontario I can answer but if it is in Ohio I will ask the site to move the post to the correct list.

I have a few questions:

Is this the first time she did not pay rent and why did you let this go until June 20?

There is a typo, what happened with the cable?

And are you saying she texted you about the lost key?

Are you asking about how to evict her?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi yes it is Ontario I don't know what to do she tolled she does not like leaving here and would leave at the end of July I said she had to pay her June rent she did not
Now I lost my brother and dealing with my parents I don't need to deal with her losing her key I want her out end of June for last monts rent
And she did not pay her Rogers cable owes me 300 dollars for that
Do I have the right not to let her back in
No you do not have the right to evict her now. Do you want me to explain how you can get her evicted?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to know is it a one time cost and what the total is if we speak on the phone?
I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.