Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

My husband and I had a huge argument Sunday, I wanted m to

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my husband and I had a huge argument Sunday, I wanted him to leave and he didn't. I ended up calling the cops (my biggest mistake) and I was charged with assault. I have never assaulted my husband before. I was released with conditions; I'm not allowed to contact him directly or indirectly and I'm not allowed to be 50m from him. My court date is scheduled for June 30th. We want to continue with our lives and we have children. Any advice please?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: June 12 in Saskatchewan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Very quickly since he wants a $2200 retainer fee and I don't have that type of money.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, we've been together for 18 years, married for 14, and this last 4 months I've been struggling with the affair he has had.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What's on your criminal record?

Do you have a separate date for fingerprinting / photographing?