Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

On Wednesday I was served with an Emergency Protection Order

Customer Question

On Wednesday I was served with an Emergency Protection Order (form CTS2667) by the RCMP. My FIL is the claimant, after I made an idiotic call in which I threatened to punch him in the face (not my proudest moment). I was only given the first two pages of this three page document. The space for the court file number is ***** this normal? Additionally, I understand I was supposed to receive the complaint/affidavit within 48 hours (I have not). Is this true?
I would prefer to speak to someone on the phone if possible.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.Home number (we do not get cell coverage).(###) ###-####
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

Your father in law will have an opportunity to file an affidavit with his evidence supporting a continuing order.

You will be provided with this Affidavit and then may file an affidavit contesting the application.

The Emergency Protection Order must be reviewed by a Queen’s Bench justice within 9 working days of being granted and so your father in law may not have even made the affidavit it.

There may no be a court file number yet but you should get all of the pages for sure so ask the police about this.