How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97012
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter in law is waiting status and my son is drinking

Customer Question

My daughter in law is waiting for Canadian status and my son is drinking heavily and verbally abusing her keeps telling her he is going to stop her paperwork. I have her and the baby staying with me and my husband. What are her rights and can she be deported with the baby who was born in Canada if he does the paperwork going through.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

Are you saying your son is sponsoring her for PR status?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They are married
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

If she wants to stop sponsoring her he can. It is his right.

But if she wants to say she can apply under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds based on her situation and the birth of the baby.

And you should speak to him because if he wants to remain in the baby's life he should want her to get her PR status.

I suggest that she consult with an immigration lawyer as soon as possible if he is really going to stop the sponsorship as she will need legal assistance quickly and before she gets a removal notice.

Related Canada Law Questions