How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem with an infectious Group Insurance Company.

Customer Question

I have a problem with an infectious
Group Insurance Company. I had a workplace injury my hands. I have hurt them due to over work. We tried less hours therapy no jobs could be found for me. I was put on WCB.
I get an income loss payment ..until I am 65.
It has now been 4 years and the Group insurance company decided to pay me until I am 65.Now comes another problem my doctor has diagnosed me with another condition which he feels I should be off work for.
I applied to Cpp was successful. They gave me a retro payment for 2015 which I didn't expect and also one that covered 2016
I paid an important bill and put enough money for taxes away. Then it was then that the Group Insurance said they would cover me .
So now the Group Insurance wants money back from my retro from Cpp which is a completely different diagnoses from what they had been paying me in 2015. Can you tell me what to do I feel that I never knew about the Cpp retro pay was coming. I got it in 2016.
I am disabled now with two conditions and by the time the Group Insurance offsets everything I will be left with very little.
I want to get rid of them..How can I do this.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Let me make sure I understand this WCB pays you and on top of that the group insurance does and now because of a second diagnosis CPP does as well but now the Groupn insurance says you have to pay them back what they paid you up to what CPP has paid you, correct?

Related Canada Law Questions