How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ulysses101 Your Own Question
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 3453
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will a police warning show on employment background check? :

Customer Question

Will a police warning show on employment background check?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Ontario
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: So my cousin was caught at a local Walmart for shoplifting and the police was called and she got a police warning . But she just got a job and they require criminal check . Will this show
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

A warning shouldn't appear on a normal records check. That shows convictions and dispositions, or sentences.

A vulnerable sector screen shows more information. Even then, a warning for a minor charge like shoplifting won't appear unless there's a good reason otherwise.

Your cousin should be just fine.

Anything else to discuss? If not, may I have a positive service rating please?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Did you have question or comment on this issue? I'm here.

Related Canada Law Questions