Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

Where is it written or determined the mandate by which a

Customer Question

Hi there. Where is it written or determined the mandate by which a condo board may act on behalf of owners? Our bare land condo board changed our garbage company without consultation lessening the amount of garbage we have removed but not decreased the price to each owner. Is this legal? Thanks, ***** ***** Calgary
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Condo Board also will not discuss any resolution to the fact that (1) we are paying just as much per unit factor for less garbage being removed yet the Board is paying less per garbage can pick-up (we are not getting the savings) (2) we cannot fit out yard waste and garbage in the one bin we are allowed whereas before we had plenty of room and (3) we are not given a recycle option which in this day and age is ludicrous. Thanks - off to bed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

I am not sure what you mean when you say where is it written .... are you asking me to explain what the Board can do?