Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I'm a kenyan married to a cadian 7 years now but recently

Customer Question

Hello. I'm a kenyan married to a cadian 7 years now but recently separated. We have a 7 year old son who's got a Canadian passport. I I eligible to apply for residency?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I'm a kenyan lady married to a canadian for 7 years now but recently separated after living together for 10years. We have a 7 year old son who's got a Canadian passport. I'm I eligible to apply for residency?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

There may be a possibility of you applying for permanent residency status in Canada. But that cannot be done because your child is Canadian and also cannot be done by way of spousal sponsorship because you are separated.

You can apply for permanent residency status just like anyone else can if you have the requisite grounds. For example, it may be possible for you to apply if you are a skilled worker.

Does that help as a starting point?