How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 95867
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fell 37ft axially head first in an abandoned factory March

Customer Question

hey I fell 37ft axially head first in an abandoned factory March 2013, filed a statement of claim march 2014 then the paralegal that help me put the claim together sort of vanished. I wondere3d if there is anyone that owould be willing to assist by taking the case on from this point? or If its been to long and is basically garbage
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

The lawyers on this site cannot act for you.

I can suggest how to find a lawyer if that will help. If it will then please let me know your province.

I can provide legal information as well. So I can help you figure out if you can still go ahead.

If you want me to do that then please confirm that the claim was issued and if it was then also confirm that it was served.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A claim was issued I don't know how to find out if it was served.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

What you can do is attend that courthouse and ask to see what is in the court file.

If the claim was issued and then served within 6 months of being issued you may be able to continue.

But if it was not served on time then it is too late in most provinces because in most provinces the limitation period for suing is 2 years though i don't know your province so please let me know the province so I can confirm this.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions