Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I traveled 5 hours round trip a day on top of the 11 hours

Customer Question

I traveled 5 hours round trip a day on top of the 11 hours at work. Was never paid these hours that equal 1850 hours. I am trying to find out if I have grounds for a law suit to set that money. I also operated a company truck in which I paid for diesel exhaust fluid, every 1000km it would cost 25.00 dollars per jug. I put 200,000 km on their truck. Would also like to get that money back as well. The relatable money for hours driving works out around 205,000 dollars. Need help to know where I stand.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

How long has this been going on for?

Are you in a union?

When you say you travel is that from your home or workplace to distant work places that change from time to time or are you commuting from your home to your specific workplace?

Are you an employee or an independent contractor?