Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

Two people volunteered to go into the apartment of a

Customer Question

Two people volunteered to go into the apartment of a deceased person to clean out
the apartment. They were told to see if there were financial documents and to turn
them over to the family if any were found. They did clean the apartment, and they
found the diary of the deceased plus several financial documents. Instead of turning
over the documents to the clients, they decided to see if they could make money for
themselves with the documents. I believe that fraud has been committed. They have also
been aided by the branch manager of a bank. I think that all three people have committed conspiracy. One of the people involved is the trustee. One sells financial securities and
insurance. the other a banking executive.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

When you say "trustee", do you mean the executor or administrator of he estate? Was there a will?