Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

It has recently been discovered my heart is only pumping at

Customer Question

It has recently been discovered my heart is only pumping at 30 percent. Both my family doctor and my Cardiologist have advised me I should no longer be driving as a long haul trucker and they have informed ICBC that in their opinion, I no longer qualify to hold a Class 1 driver's license. Upon notifying my employer of my situation on May 5th, I was immediately told to turn in my equipment and an ROE would be sent to me. It is now June and still no ROE. Contacting my employer via phone and email concerning my ROE, I am told they will get back to me. Shouldn't I have received my ROE within a couple of weeks? It's been almost a month. Furthermore, I've heard absolutely nothing from ICBC regarding forfeiting my Class 1 driver's license. If my medical condition is such that I should not be operating a commercial vehicle, why have they not taken measures to revoke my commercial driver's license? Also, finding myself at the age of 60 with a serious heart condition and my career stripped of me, don't I qualify for some kind of Disability? I think I need a lawyer. Please advise. Thank you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

There are too many questions for one post. You have three separate questions and I can only answer one on this post.

Which question would you like for me to answer here?

Then, you can start two new post for the two other questions and I can assist you further there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, if thats how you folks operate, I can see how this could turn out to be not much more than just another internet money suck. Forget it. I'll contact a real lawyer.

I am not sure why you have decided to be both rude and insulting. I am a senior practicing lawyer and have been practicing law since 1985.

I do not own the site nor am I employed by the site. Rather, I log in and answer questions just the way you would login and ask them. However, I can assure you that a customer always gets their money's worth. Where do you think that you can speak to a lawyer from the comfort of your home in the evening for this price?

This is not a money suck but it is actually an excellent opportunity for you. But, the terms of service of the site are very clear and you should have read them first. You are entitled to ask a question and then we would go up and back having a conversation until you are fully satisfied at no further cost. But, you cannot ask three separate questions on one post. How would that be fair to the site, to the other customers who abide by the rules and only ask one question and to the lawyer who can only get paid once per post?

In any event, if you wish to ask many questions you can obtain a monthly subscription.

I don't know if you're going to decide to do that or not but I'm going to opt out because I am willing to work with people that are rude.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not interested in wasting my time with a lawyer that can only focus on one question at a time.