Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I wish to disown my children. : no : I have not had a

Customer Question

I wish to disown my children.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have not had a relationship with my adult children for some time. I am changing my insurance to another person and I don't want my children to be able to receive anything I own.
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the question. What province are you in? You have no minor children, correct? You said they are adults but are any still dependent on you?