Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

My spouse and I have seperster we share ownership of the

Customer Question

My spouse and I have seperster we share ownership of the family home we were talking about selling it now I believe he is trying to take it from me
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No have no money other than the hse
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Step. May 2014 we stayed together in the HSE until March because he said he would fix it up to sell. He didn't, he was hoping to move out I offered to because I could physically maintain it. I have Lupus. He said he would he would take that time to work on it.he hasn't last week I saw the outside of the use it looked absndoned I took photos. Can I legally go into the HSE I still have a key. I sent a text about the HSE nothing me a he refuses to now answer. Can he steal the HSE from me?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: We do not have a separation agreement, I do not have spousal support and this is literally all I have.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

What province is this please?

Are both your names on title?

When did you separate?

Why are you not trying to get spousal support? Are you working?