Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Was told there is a video of my friend at a restraunt bar,my

Customer Question

was told there is a video of my friend at a restraunt bar,my friend has mental condition and drinks mixed with medication made a embarassing video,but family is hold ing me resposible for taking her to said resraunt
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: was there a expectation of privasy? furtur more i was assulted when bringing her home, but not told a reson till today was this recording
JA: When it comes to assault, getting straight information is key. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Canada, Nova Scotia,havent seen the video but wold like info on rights
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: my impresson without information is it could be the owner of restraunt because he always has a i pad handy?should I ask him. was one table with people almost out of sight though. i wont be pesueing the assult becouse its on a reserve and want to respect there wishes, is causing the girl magor grief tho
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear this terribly difficult situation.What would you like to see happen? It's not really clear based on your post.