Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have leased car and the agreement says I can drive to US

Customer Question

Hi, I have leased car and the agreement says I can drive to US from Canada for less than 30days. If I stay over than 30 days, will it result in a lawsuit by my dealer.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope, This situation may happens later, that is why I want to figure out the way to solve this issue before it happens
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: that is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
they can sue you if they find out that you are doing this. But it is hard to see how they could find out. If you are concerned you can consider asking for their consent.