Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

First, What is my cost service? I have a small commercial

Customer Question

First, What is my cost for his service?
I have a small commercial space which has been changed from retail to retail eatery. Rebuilt space to accommodate a flexible building code with one staff washroom and one handicap/universal washroom. Health inspectors refused to accept and now have had to accommodate with 2 bathrooms instead of universal bathroom for a total of 3. Now have been told by sources that I could get sued for not having a universal bathroom but because of space restrictions it has to be either or. What are my legal rights? (My preference is one universal bathroom.) Thank you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
Are they saying you are in breach of the building code or some other health requirement and if so where do they find this requirement?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. The building official can make an exception if it falls within the code which it does. But I don't know if I am doing something illegal by not having a universal bathroom? Can I be sued?
Are you saying that you would not make this one bathroom accessible for disabled people?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.