Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

If a man calls a woman f....n , to another man is this

Customer Question

If a man calls a woman f....n bitch, c**t to another man is this defamatory of character if this woman is of good standngs
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I just want to stopped I have done nothing to this man
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: this man has defamed and used fowl language regarding several woman in this place and we want it stopped. he is on our board of directors
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I feel the man it off his rocker and he takes drugs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
Was this man offering a disgusting opinion or was he actually telling lies? How many times has this man said this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
he has diherra at the mouth quite seldom and these are lies
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you give me an answer now or do I wait
Do you mean quite often? You said quite seldom.Are you saying he is actually telling lies about you or is he saying terrible things about you but he's offering his opinion? This is very important.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant often, every time something doesn't go his way..........in his mind his opinion is God and he is not a reputable person.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have to go now my shift is over.
You are asking about whether this is defamation.It is not defamation if someone offers an opinion about you no matter how nasty and disgusting it is. It's not defamation if the opinion is inaccurate and you really aren't like that at all.It is defamation if someone tells lies about you the damage your reputation. So in the case of him telling people that you are a bitch that sounds like his opinion. He isn't actually stating a lie that is he is not trying to tell someone that you are a female dog but rather is saying that he thinks your personality is terrible.It is not unlawful to be a disgusting person so you cannot sue him for being sickening like this.If he tells actual lies about you then you may be able to sue him for damages to your reputation.If that is the case your first step would be to have a lawyer send him a letter demanding that he cease-and-desist and telling him that he must provide you with a written retraction and apology and threatening a lawsuit.After that letter is sent you are then free to sue him for defamation if he does not comply with the letter..Does that answer your question?