Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

A friend called me early this morning. In a nutshell, her

Customer Question

A friend called me early this morning. In a nutshell, her landlord lives upstairs and is an alcoholic, (the kind that has the device on his car). He injured himself and needs to go to the hospital every day to have his wound drained. Too drunk to drive himself.
My friend has two special needs boys with her, and works long hours as a Traffic Control Person.(so limited income).
The landlord has approached one of the boys to blow in the vehicle device so he could drive. She drove him in when she got back from work. when they returned he made some vulgar advances and comments, she tried to walk away he grabbed her and restrained her for moment. She was genuinely scared for her safety, managed to get away. Then he cut her internet off.
Most of these events happened again, along with vulgar advances and then of course insults and threats to follow her rejections. There is much more to this as you can imagine. But he has again disabled the internet so is there a number she can call for help. She is not financially able to just leave to a hotel. She's over*****from me. Very worried for her and the boys safety.
She lives on a 40 acre parcel outside of Hope BC
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
I am sickened to hear the story.But, what would your friend like to see happen?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She needs to leave of course. But places are hard to find, she needs the money and the meens to move. Time of work would exacerbate the situation. And the present danger to her and her family dictate real urgency. I guess she needs help to accomplish this so as not to leave themselves in a worse possission than they are in now financially etc.
But this question is on the Canada law list. I am a lawyer and what I can do is provide you with legal information. I can't figure out practically or financially what she should do nor can I find out if there is a shelter for her for example. Do you see what I mean? I really just need to know if you need legal information and if you do what information you would like from me.