Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

My ex is taking my children and me to court to have his $35,000

Customer Question

My ex is taking my children and me to court to have his $35,000 child support debt erased. He is 60 yrs old and collecting government pension.
what are the chances of him getting away with this?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, thank you for the question. You have court date coming up? Which level of court in which province?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi , Quebec superior court (family chambers) and on May 24th
Is he trying to vary an existing court order? Or is there an executed domestic contract between you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
an existing court order which he has not respected in the last 15 years
Where and when was that order made?How old are the children now?Was the order with provincial enforcement all these years?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Quebec January 9th 2001, 19 and 21, I am not sure of your last question cause it was registered with the government to deduct off of his pays but he quit his job
Yes, it would have been with government enforcement then.Are you both in Quebec now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for that background.Quebec has its own way of doing family law litigation and I'm not a Quebec lawyer. There is a Quebec lawyer who comes to the site sometimes, so I think it's best if I opt out as your expert at this point. If he's on the site today he'll see your question and pick it up, I'm sure. If he doesn't then either I or another expert who can answer will pick up the thread later. In the meantime, I hope you have your order and the court papers you were served handy. Read them over so that you can tell us what's in them. Please be patient and lets see if the Quebec expert shows up today. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
well I am not satisfied with this response so please reimburse the $5 charge that you charged me and do not charge any future charges...thank you for your time
You haven't been charged anything yet, you have only made a deposit to the site which you can get back at any time. If you wish, you can contact customer service to close this thread and ask for a refund. But you have nothing to lose by waiting for a bit. I'm only trying to line you up with the best expert available. I'll opt out now. Please give it some time to see if the Quebec expert picks up this question thread. If he doesn't, I'll be back on later. No need to reply to this post until you're contacted again.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
$48has come out of my bank account.....I want it reimbursed please