Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: i am just going

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: i am just going through the website for QA
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: whether i can quit my job while i am on medical leave ? Do you still have to be at work to give 2 weeks notice
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I am on medical leave for 5 weeks and i gave my doctors note to them. They need a functional disability form filled out( For Accommodate) me after . But i belive i dont have a need for it since i am quitting
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation. What province are you in please?Are you in a union?Does your contract discuss notice requirements?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i am not unionized or I am in Province of Ontario. My Contract discuss only the employer notice requirements and does speak about my obligations to providing Notice.
There is no two week notice requirement in Ontario. In Ontario an employee can resign at will unless their own contract with the employer requires notice. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. No more questions
You are very welcome.I hope things work out for you. As we are done please rate me now so that I can receive credit for my work.