Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a lis pendens against my property. I am the sole owner

Customer Question

I have a lis pendens against my property. I am the sole owner of the property. An individual whom moved into my property for a 5 year period sued me for unjust enrichment. the claim was filed Oct 14, 2014.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: OH yes, we have both entered a statement of claim, we met and went thru questioning. He was asked to supply some undertakings. He never complied and his council representing him withdrew from representing the individual March 10, 2015. Sine that time there has been no further communication.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: How do I remove the lis pendens?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My Lawyer advised at that time to just wait to see if pursued it further.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Unfortunately, you cannot remove the lis pendens without either the court dismissing the action or an order demanding that the plaintiff remove the lis pendens. So you will need to resort to the courts to resolve this matter. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok tks
You are very welcome. If you feel that we are done please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.