Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

If I signed a Peace Bond to avoid criminal charges, and filled the terms of the peace bond

Customer Question

If I signed a Peace Bond to avoid criminal charges, and filled the terms of the peace bond. Am I considered pardoned, or does the fulfilled conditions of the peace bond mean I was never considered charged.
I'm applying for a Visa to Nigeria, and one of the questions on the application is asking if I was ever charged with a charge of physical harm. I signed a Peace bond and fufilled my conditions. I believe all that is now on my record is gave cause for fear of safety. Or something along those lines.
Should I answer yes or no to such a question.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
You were never charged. You consented to the Peace Bond to avoid the charge. So you were never charged. Let me know if you need any further clarification.