Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

My live in friend 0f 88years has only one son who is not in

Customer Question

My live in friend 0f 88years has only one son who is not in good health. Th.e son has complete control of her money and is her heir. His heir is his wife who my friend distrusts. What happens to her money if the son dies?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
Your friend would set out in her Will where she wants her money to go. And she can say that if the son dies before her then her money goes to......But if she leaves all her estate to her son and her son is living when she dies she cannot say the spouse of her son cannot get the money.If she is worried about the spouse taking the money when she dies if the son is alive and sick then she can leave her money to her son in a Trust and then whomever she appoints as Trustee is in charge of the money and the spouse will not be. Does that answer your question?