Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have just signed a sales and purchase lease agreement today

Customer Question

I have just signed a sales and purchase lease agreement today by email to buy a piece of heavy equipment jointly with my brother who I have worked with for over 15 years . Due to differences of ideas on how to proceed with various work programs I wish not to go forward with a joint purchase of this heavy equip. Can I cancel my part of this contract.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
No you cannot unless there is something in the agreement that allows this. The law is that a contract if final and binding when there has been an offer made and then an acceptance of that offer. But you are certainly free to ask to be released from the contract. I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for but to tell you what you want to hear won't help you of course.