Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

I have been served with pip but I told my boss I nee some changes

Customer Question

I have been served with pip but I told my boss I nee some changes but asked to sign it what are my options
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am a permanent employee at retail company and I guess my boss is involved in some money laundering with a vendor and so he wants to fire me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: as he is good with contractors and giving me trouble as I am a employee
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. What province are you in please?Is your boss saying you are being dismissed for cause?If not then how much termination pay have you been offered in terms of weeks or months?How long have you worked there for?