Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My Mother just died and left her house to my sister; my brother

Customer Question

My Mother just died and left her house to my sister; my brother and I will receive very little if anything. Is this legal? My mother c
hanged her will recently because my sister was looking after her. Michael.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry for your loss and for this terrible situation. What province are you in please? Was your mother mentally competent when she wrote her new Will?How do you know she recently changed it? Was there a codicil to an existing Will or a new Will and if there was a new Will did you see the old one?
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client. I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
okay; I would like to cancel my request; I understand that I will forfeit the $5.oo good faith money.
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.
I can explain the law very clearly without speaking. This area of the law is very easy to discuss over this site. But it's up to you of course.