Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

M I got served a completed forms 35.1 and Form 8 by my ex wife&#

Customer Question

I got served a completed forms 35.1 and Form 8 by my ex wife's(separated) lawyer. The envelope also contained uncompleted forms 10, 35.1 and 13, it also contained a mandatory information program document requiring me to show up in a Toronto court house on the 20th of June 2016.... What do I do with these forms? A couple of false statements have been inputed on the forms about not supporting the kids etc how do I address these things?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
You get to reply to the application. So you will set out your side of the story in a sworn affidavit. And if you have any documentary evidence back up your affidavit you can attach it to your affidavit as exhibits.You may also include Affidavit of others who can also assist you in backing up your story by sworn testimony.You should at least have a face to face consultation with a family lawyer even if you cannot afford to retain a lawyer.As well there are Family Law Information Centres where you can get some help with the process and the forms. They are located in some of the courthouses and you should call for an appointment.Does that help as a starting point?
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 5 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
I am not sure what has happened. I have been waiting to continue our discussion but you've not yet replied back.And now the question is back on the open list and I don't know what. So please let me know. I am a senior family lawyer in Ontario and happy to help.