Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I would like to do research on Administrative Law cases especially

Customer Question

I would like to do research on Administrative Law cases especially in Manitoba. I am currently involved in a situation with my employer, The Province of Manitoba, and I would like to have a better understanding of their obligations and my rights. I have done some online research and have discovered that there is a recognized duty to ensure fairness in the carrying out of quasi-judicial proceedings. I do not believe that my employer is living up to that obligation. Having case law to look at would help
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.
Are you asking how to do research? I can explain that if you like and provide a link to a site etc but cannot do that for you. Should I go ahead?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If you could direct me to a good site to look at specific cases, that would be great. If you know of any good examples or if you could provide me with a clear legal position that speaks to responsibility of ensuring fairness, that would really help.
I cannot do the research for you but here is a link to the best legal research site to use. It is free: You should check your own province's caselaw first but can also look at other province's law as well. This article is about the law in Ontario but I believe you will find it helpful:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just paid $52 to get information that I can get through google. I have used in the past. Can you not just provide me with a clear legal position on what obligations an administrative body has to ensure that all of their proceedings are conducted with fairness. I do not mind paying for a good answer, but so far, you have given me a website that I am already familiar with. If you do not want to give me something worth my money, refund it to me and I will go on my way.
I'm going to opt out.