Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

In february I reported that precious metals were stolen from

Customer Question

In february I reported that precious metals were stolen from my home. I furnished all the details to the police including the name of the suspect. I have just found the precious metals in another part of my home. I am a 75 year old man and forgetful. What should I do? can i be penalized for an honest error? What could the fine be
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You should tell them the truth. They will most likely full understand. They will not charge you as you did not commit any offence as you had no intention of lying to them. Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am really concerned with any financial penalties that could be levied in this case
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
But why would there be?You made a report and later realized your suspicions were not valid because you forget where you hid the metals. You didn't intend on making a false report.